Request Book Rights
For foreign rights, film and television rights, dramatisation/performance rights and all other licensing queries, please contact
Gys Visser (Gys.Visser@nb.co.za), head of the Contracts & Rights department.
For permission to use or license specific material from any of our titles, please contact Tarien Lombard (Tarien.Lombard@nb.co.za), who manages copyright permissions and reprint rights.
For poems or book extracts to be used in printed and/or digital material:
- Please check whether the text was indeed published by one of our authors and/or imprints.
If so, please provide the following information:
- The publisher
- In the case of a poem or short story, the publication in which it appeared and the date of publication
- The format in which it will be distributed and in which territory
- The print run and retail price (if applicable)
- Extent (number of pages or lines from poems)
- Format (e.g. hardback, paperback, audio, video, eBook, etc.)
- Context in which the material will appear or be used
For use on a website
- Website name and the URL where material would appear
- The approximate number of visitors per month
- If access to material is restricted or password protected, then please indicate how many users would have access
For use as a prop in a film or television production:
- Thorough description of the usage
- Title of production- Production company and registration number
- Format of production (ie. Film, TV, or other format)
- Date of initial broadcast
- Territory for distribution
- Please note that no rights are assigned in the case of any permission granted and the exercising of such permission is always restricted to the agreed upon usage.